If you’re determined to lose weight, then you’ll want to give yourself every opportunity, and might be looking for additional advice.
Here’s how you can lose weight and get fitter.
1. You’ll want to make sure that you eat more healthily. Why not start cooking for yourself, rather than eating ready meals, or having takeaway meals several times a week? It’ll be better for you, and save you money too. You’ll know exactly what’s going into your food, and will be able to make sure that you not eating too much fat, sugar or salt.
2. Another tip is to cut down on the amount you eat. Perhaps you could use smaller plates, or simply make less food. It’s also to eat little and often rather than have a couple of huge meals during the day. This is because it’s easier for your body to digest small amounts at a time rather than large amounts.
3. It’s important to try and get your 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day. Why not have fruit on your breakfast cereal, as snacks during the day, as well as fresh vegetables with your lunch and evening meal? You’ll soon find that it’s easy to get your 5 a day, and by trying new fruit and vegetables you won’t get bored of having the same ones.
4. Don’t forget that you’ll need to exercise as well as eating healthily. Perhaps you could walk more, or commute to work by bike. Alternatively, you might prefer to join a gym so that you have access to all the fitness equipment you want and need.
5. Swimming is an excellent weight loss fitness exercise, and because it’s non impact, and non weight bearing, is ideal for those who might struggle with other forms of exercise. It’s a good way to build up fitness and you’ll soon find that swimming is helping you to lose weight.
6. Exercise classes are useful in addition to going to the gym, or perhaps instead of the gym. You might prefer an hour of aerobics, yoga, marital arts, aqua aerobics or step, or maybe you’ll prefer a spinning class. By meeting new people and making new friends you’re more likely to stick with your weight loss fitness plan.
7. A personal trainer can provide the expertise and motivation you need n order to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals. If you have a specific aim in mind, why not see if a personal trainer can help you reach it?
8. By setting yourself targets, you will have something to work towards, whether you’re looking to lose weight or get fitter. Once you reach them, you can reward yourself for your hard work and determination, so that you can feel the benefits. Perhaps you’ll treat yourself to some fitness or exercise equipment, such as a new pair of running shoes, or accessories for your bike, or maybe you’ll want to go shopping for a new outfit to show off your new figure.
9. Don’t forget to get your whole family involved, as they can be a great deal of help to you. Why not get them all to start eating healthily, and exercising more. You won’t feel guilty for spending time in the gym, if you can also take them swimming, or play football with them in the park.
10. Your friends can be invaluable at this time, so you might want them to help you lose weight and get fit. Perhaps you could encourage them to join your gym with you, or go to aerobics or just reassure you that it’s all worthwhile every so often. Maybe you’ll want somebody to spur you on when it’d dark and cold and you don’t want to go the gym, or are fed up with eating healthily.
Now you know more about how you can lose weight, what other weight loss fitness tips will you try?