I provided below some of the healthy benefits a person could get when he or she consumes a small serving of dark chocolates every day. By the way, a small serving simply means 30 calories of dark chocolate a day and that is just as big as Hershey’s bite-size chocolate KISSES.
- Prevents Aging and Cancer – Dark chocolates are full of antioxidant and resveratrol. These are substances that protect the cells from chronic inflammation, heart disease, and cancer.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Dark chocolates are rich in cocoa phenols. These are protective compounds found in plants and fruits. They are known to help the body process nitric oxide. Nitric oxides are essential compounds that help increase blood circulation at the same time lower blood pressure.
- Lowers LDL Cholesterol – Dark chocolates contain large quantities of flavonoids or flavonols. These are the same chemicals found in red wine that help lower low density lipoprotein (bad) cholesterol levels. One-third of dark chocolates fat is in the form of stearic acid, a naturally-occurring fat that exerts a neutral effect on LDL cholesterol levels.
- Good for the Heart – Since dark chocolates contain ingredients that can help lower blood pressure and LDL cholesterol at the same time improve blood flow; healthcare professionals who expertly use blood pressure device believe that this type of chocolate is definitely good for the heart.
- Stimulates Pleasure and Relaxation – Dark chocolates contains a ingredient that induces the brain to release endorphin. Endorphin is naturally produced in the brain that stimulates pleasure and relaxation.